If your students have Google Accounts, you should use Google Classroom.
Google Classroom is the easiest way to get your activities into the hands of your students. It’s also the best place to monitor your students’ progress as well as grade their assignments quickly.
So how do you create an assignment in Google Classroom? The first thing you’ll need to do is create a Google Classroom for your students. I walk you through it in my video guide, Setting Up and Using Google Classroom.
Once your Classroom has been created and your students have joined, you can start assigning them activities. Follow the steps below or watch a video explanation here.
Let's Get Started!
1. At the top of your Google Classroom, click “Classwork.”
2. Click on the button at the top that says +Create. Then click Assignment.
3. A box will pop up where you’ll fill in the details of the assignment. Type in the title and any special directions for your students. (You can leave the instructions blank.)
4. Now you’ll want to attach the assignment. If the assignment is from your Google Drive (ex. Google Slides Presentation, Google Doc, Google Form), click the Drive icon and attach it. If you want to give your students a link or video, click the link or video button.
5. Next you have some options. You can assign a point value and a due date if you choose by clicking on the down arrow next to each one.
6. Almost done! Now you have to decide how you want your students to access the file. If you want all of your students to be able to work in the same activity all at once, you’ll choose “Students can edit file.” If you want each student to have their own copy, click “Make a copy for each student.”
7. Lastly, you can decide if you want to post the activity now OR you can schedule it to appear in Google Classroom at a later date. As soon as you assign the activity, your students can see it in their Google Classroom. That’s it!